Junior Management Information Systems Support Engineer 2021
You will be part of a team that delivers great customer care and understands customer impact. You will have the interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to be helpful and the diligence to provide accurate answers as you interact across the business. The team works within predefined timescales using technologies such as MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, PostgreSQL and Excel.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Junior Management Information Systems Support Engineer to investigate any incidents that occur and escalate where necessary. This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company’s hybrid working from home policy.
Management Information Systems provide information to all stakeholders across the business, by providing necessary insights to all of those users for their particular use. We are constantly challenging our team to ask questions about our data, whether that be through different technologies or simply questioning new data that did not previously exist.
- Identifying and explaining why specific data has been returned by a business process, using a variety of techniques on a number of disparate technologies
- Investigating failures in processes, typically SQL agent jobs or stored procedures
- Analysing and interpreting a wide range of different data relating to customer accounts, betting slips, banking transactions and gaming accounts
- Communicating with other departments within the Company
- Documenting incidents and contributing to the team’s knowledgebase
- Using the ticketing system for incident management and resolution
- Ensuring business needs are met
Preferred skills and experience
- Analytical and methodical approach to investigation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create solution documentation
- Ability to work on multiple streams of work and change focus quickly
- Positive, customer and solution focused attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines and SLAs for completion or escalation of tasks
- Understanding of the Gambling industry or financial accounting would be advantageous
- SQL Server 2014 (or later) experience advantageous