Junior Sports Analyst Stoke 2021
A Junior Sports Analyst to work within a team of talented individuals utilising both analytical and technical skills, along with a general passion for sports.
The Sports Analysis team is responsible for designing, creating and maintaining the mathematical models used by the trading tools.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking an delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
Preferred skills and experience
- Degree in mathematical or computer science based discipline.
- Excellent understanding of probability and statistics.
- Experience with technologies such as VB.NET, C#, Golang, SQL, VBA.
- Solid understanding of Windows and Office applications.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in a wide range of sport.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Committed and flexible with can do attitude towards work.
- Building and maintaining the logic and pricing algorthims used in sports models.
- Analysing data or trading feedback to identify improvements to pricing logic.
- Developing and supporting technical solutions that the team are responsible for.
- Ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Learning the touch points where changes within a model may have an impact on other business areas.
- Supporting other teams who are integrating or testing the sports models.