Global Data Summer Internship
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. You have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the data that feeds the financial markets, and an appetite for creating technological enhancements. Does this sound like you? If so, you could be just the intern we’re looking for in our Global Data department!
Bloomberg runs on data. Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
What’s the role?
As a Global Data Intern, you’ll apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and current processes. You will collect, clean and present data, which moves markets and empowers our clients to make the right decisions on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. Finally, you’ll work with our analysts who provide unparalleled customer service, establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionize Global Data at Bloomberg.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous for
- Carry-out real projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages and professional development skills all from world-class professionals.
- You can also expect to be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout the 10-week internship and we will make sure that you are given feedback to continue to develop your skills and expertise
You’ll need to have
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Informatics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or other applied sciences
- Fluency in English and one or more European or Asian languages
- Prior coursework or interest in the financial markets
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Availability to start a full-time position in 2021
- Availability to commit to the entire intern programme
We'd love to see
- Recent work experience or internship in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!