We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Merchandiser to join the B&M team at the Support Centre in Speke. This is a full time permanent position.
We are looking for a Junior Merchandiser, or an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join our Buying team in our fast paced, busy Garden Centre department. You will be involved in assisting the Senior Buyer with the day to day running of the department.
The Key Accountabilities in the role are:
- Working to tight restrictions to ensure stock is maintained throughout the year at the correct levels, particularly through peak periods i.e new product range launches, Christmas, promotion periods etc.
- Assisting the Merchandiser with the creation of weekly core stock orders, which are the main stay of the departments, managing these orders into the business efficiently
- Analysing data from the previous year, and current trends to make the right decisions and identify “gaps “ in current market
- Cultivating close working relationships with key suppliers to ensure the business is supported by them
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly WSSI and trade meeting reports
- Working to calendars, which involve forecasting crucial lines for long periods
- Working closely with the Buyer to ensure targets for the departments are met
- Being proficient in the use of Excel were the business uses heavily formulated worksheets to manipulate reports into the desired information required, such as linecards
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- Min 2 yrs experience as a Junior/Assistant Merchandiser
- Results orientated with a track record of achieving targets & delivering growth
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Able to manage budgets
- Negotiate quantities and delivery time-scales
- Able to predict sales and profits
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to utilise data to fully understand customer behaviour and habits
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office in particular Excel
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a great team in a fast paced, expanding retailer, apply today!
B&M Retail are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all colleagues.