Strategy Financial Services Placement 2021
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why we’ll treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
The purpose of the strategy team is inspire and enable SF1-UK to achieve its ambition. Strategy leads business development processes to set our ambition for the future and to determine how best to achieve it. Business development and innovation lead development of a robust approach to innovation to deliver new opportunities in line with our strategy.Corporate governance leads management processes necessary to deliver the strategy including the SF1-UK Management Committee..
What will you be doing?
- Support of strategic development and communication activities.
- Strategy Dashboard: Monthly preparation of strategy dashboard.
- Ad hoc CEO presentations: Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
Internal communications and change
- Internal Communication Email: Compiling news articles and Sending Email.
- SF1-UK Plaza pages: Creating and Uploading content for a regional platform.
- Questback Surveys: Issue and analyse various surveys.
- Strategy and Innovation Infonet Pages: Update and ongoing development of content.
- Supporting change agendas and initiatives within key projects.
- Innovation insights and communications.
- Support the rollout of innovation initiatives.
- Management Committee Administration (Agenda, Minutes, Action tracking, communication)
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently studying for an undergraduate degree in Business Management or a related subject and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above (Open to students who will be returning to their studies following their placement with us)
- Team work
- Time management
- IT Skills: PowerPoint, Excel…
Did you know?
Farnborough is home to our BMW, MINI and Alphabet National Sales Centres. We’re proud of our office environment and achievements, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – Being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency and reduces wasted energy. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - Working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance not burnout through focusing on output not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued to support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as Ping-Pong tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
- Why Choose Us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £18,500, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
What do you need to do now?
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.