Risk SAR Internship 2021
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
The RISK SAR UK team is a local function providing to General Management, Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB), RISK Function and Retail Banking & Services (RS) Business Units with a UK-focused independent view and analysis of key risks.
Purpose of role
- Purpose: RISK SAR UK maintains a Management Information (MI) framework, with responsibilities including animating the Risk Committees and Risk Executive Committees for both UK CIB and UK RS and producing necessary MI reporting for these. The team also contributes to MI reporting for the Executive Committees for UK CIB, UK RS and the London Branch Executive Committee, as well as to regulators, notably the PRA.
- As part of the Team, the Graduate will provide risk analysis for the regular Committees and will contribute to answer to ad-hoc requests.
Key Responsibilities of role
- Production of the risk information for the various UK Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Retail Banking & Services (RS) risk committees:
- Covering the Credit, Counterparty and Market Risks, Credit Risk Stress Tests.
- Monitoring of the CIB London Branch Risk Appetite Statement Metrics.
- Contribution to ad-hoc requests for the UK originated exposures, whether external (e.g. from UK Regulators) or internal (e.g. request for focus paper on specific area) and the evolution of the UK risk appetite.
- Contribution to the permanent control framework (Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Control Procedures).
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Qualifications / Certifications: Minimum Master’s degree in a Technical/Scientific field (e.g. maths, physics, engineering) or Finance/Business field.
- Experience: work experience in Banking or Financial Services, ideally in a Credit or Market Risk Department
- Skills – Technical:
- Microsoft Excel and other Office Applications;
- Credit and Market Risk measures and analysis;
- VBA / R / Python / Power BI skills are an advantage.
- Skills – Behavioural:
- Communication skills – oral & written;
- Ability to deliver / results driven;
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork;
- Accuracy: strong attention to details;
- Ability to develop and adapt a process.