START Production Services Analyst Intern 2021
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
BNY Mellon’s S.T.A.R.T program provides aspiring students with a well-rounded internship experience, providing an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. S.T.A.R.T interns will be provided with a best-in-class experience, engaging Agile Projects while providing first-hand knowledge of our culture, people, business and impact within the marketplace.
What can you expect?
- Meaningful work assignments
- Networking opportunities with peers and executives
- Exposure to different areas of the business
- Professional Learning Opportunities
- Problem-solving, communications and time management training
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
· 10-week (TBC) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects
· Orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum
· Career development and networking support from a host of senior mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
· Selective & small program size by design to increase personal attention and support;
· Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise to enhance abilities and build networks across the organization;
· Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts
· Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
· Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, please see below
· Upon successful completion of the S.T.A.R.T program there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our S.T.A.R.T interns may apply for, subject to performance and business requirements
· This includes, the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP) and Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) and full-time direct hire roles.
Production Services Analyst Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for contributing to the Production Services (Technology) transformation of a variety of services and applications including Desktop Support, Workplace Technology, Service Now, Incident Management and Response, Change Management, Deployment Support and End User Experience - Platinum Services Support for all Technology platforms and services that support BNY Mellon businesses.
- Provides first line break/fix for systems/networks/applications.
- Work collaboratively as a team member supporting systems in a production environment. Scope of these environments include but is not limited to: Microsoft, Linux, Cloud operating systems as well as the applications that run on these platforms
- Support and perform scheduled maintenance and health checks of distributed resources and applications. Provide Level 1 support for technology resources and applications running on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Assure the safety and stability of corporate infrastructure and minimize customer impact caused by incidents.
- Strive to accomplish this by resolving incidents as close to the point of notification as possible.
- Partner with our peers within other lines of business to improve the overall level of service
- To be eligible, you will be required to be a second-year student and on course for a 2:1 in your degree.
- Technology or related degree is essential. This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other.
- You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.