Rotational Graduate Programme 2021
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Starting in 2021, the two year scheme will see the successful applicants undertake four six month placements across a number of key disciplines, based in Bristol with the possibility to explore different UK locations within the IT function across Boeing. The scheme will provide the successful graduate a chance to cover a diverse range of areas, fundamental to understanding successful IT roles within Boeing. The two year programme puts an emphasis on learning in the workplace with live projects, working across multiple teams and location, supported by theoretical learning and support from colleagues and the Early Careers team. The successful candidate will perform a number of roles during their time on the scheme interacting with all areas of the IT functions of the company and supporting multiple teams.
The recently formed team will work with big data platforms and commercial analytic toolsets such as Cognos, Tableau, Kibana and Power BI supporting programmes across the business. During this rotation you will likely take on the below tasks/responsibilities;
- Providing dash boarding capabilities against specified requirements
- Learning and using analytic packages to support the business and programmes
- Designing Logical Data Models
- Technical design and delivery
Working with enterprise architecture defines our structure and operation within Boeing. Within Enterprise architecture we work to determine how we can be more efficient in our current market and future goals. During this rotation you will likely take on the below tasks/responsibilities;
- Creating an architecture designs
- Overseeing the process for choosing buy or build technology solutions
- Communicating design overviews to executive and technical management
- Instructing organizational stakeholders on potential threats in order to gain support for information technology strategies
- Ensuring designs support the overall technological strategy
During this rotation you will be required to engage proactively with business departments to identify and define business requirements, then reach across to the rest of Boeing Defence UK IT resources, wider Boeing teams and external suppliers to deliver solutions. As a part of a small team within a very large enterprise, the role requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. Graduates must be “hands on” in their approach whilst always maintaining a focus on the higher level priorities of the business. The Graduate will be
- Working within a matrix management style organisation where it is necessary to motivate and work with people to undertake tasks without having overall authority.
- Build confidence of both business and technical staff and act as the facilitator between both groups of staff.
- Facilitate workshops and take an ‘hands on’ approach to business requirements
- Engage with all levels of stakeholders
- Analyse requirements and define IT solutions across internal BDUK programmes and supply chain customer programmes for MoD
Cyber Security Operations centre (CSOC)
The CSOC team proactively hunt for suspicious or anomalous activity. As well as responding to security events, requests and incidents, this and the below are some of responsibilities you will undertake;
- Recording activity in management systems.
- Monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours by the use of Security information and event management (SIEM) tools
- Perform in-depth analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic
For this rotation the working knowledge of the following desirable:
- Log management: collect, aggregation, storage, Analysis,
- Software development security: Java, Java Script, Python, PHP, C#
- Operating system and related hardening (Windows, LINUX/UNIX)
- Endpoint security: antivirus, device control, integrity, HIDS.
- Network device: security controls and protocols
- SIEM integration and operations (SPLUNK Enterprise Security an advantage)
- Management of Threat Intelligence and integration of associated information into the CSOC process (CRITS an advantage)
Within our Graduate scheme, the Early Careers community, you will also have the opportunity to;
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products and systems up close by touring our facilities across the UK
- Direct interaction with our company leaders
- Work towards attaining professional qualification or certification
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in Boeing
- Experience multiple Boeing locations around the UK
- Explore an function outside of IT, this could be Project Management, Engineering or Business Operations
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience)
- Qualified to degree level in computer science, cyber, analytics, and mathematics, engineering or similar. No Minimum degree grade or GPA score required.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Confidence or willingness to present and host meetings
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders of all levels.
- To have forward thinking mind-set and self-motivated
- Effective written communication skills
- Attention to detail and high focus on quality outputs
- To be inclusive and enthusiastic
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced university education.
- For the Cyber placement knowledge of information security, cyber security and/or information technology concepts and solutions is essential
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process