Purchasing Industrial Placement 2021
As a Purchasing Intern, your role will be exciting and often fast-moving. Here at Worcester Bosch, our plant buyers are responsible for purchasing the parts that go into our boilers. They source new and modified direct materials, negotiate to achieve cost reductions, improve supplier quality, and take environmental issues into account when selecting materials.
You will work alongside our buyers, where your work will directly contribute to the department’s success. You will liaise and maintain good relations with an array of suppliers, gain valuable experience in the heating industry, and be trained to use business systems such as SAP and CRM. You will have the opportunity to take on your own projects, be responsible for your own material groups – and make significant cost savings for the business. Additionally, this placement provides opportunities for further training, as well as opportunities to gain full exposure to the whole business through job shadowing in other departments.
- Be an undergraduate student with a desire to complete a 12 month work placement as part of degree studies.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing working environments and is ready to embrace new ways of working through digitalisation.
- Has the confidence to challenge and create new ideas.
- Has the capability to work well in a team as well as independently, using own initiative.
- Has a quality mind-set with high attention to detail.
- Can communicate confidently with people at all levels, both written and verbal (including on the telephone).
- IT literate and confident in using MS Office packages as well as learning Company systems.