Bright Network Technology Academy: February 2021 Cohort
Please note, this programme is only open to applicants who have already graduated, and are available full-time from February 1st.
If you're a current student or not available for the dates of this programme, you can register here to be notified about future Technology Academy cohorts, as well as our free starter online courses to build your tech skills, which are coming soon.
What is the Bright Network Technology Academy?
The Bright Network Technology Academy is an end-to-end structured training programme that will take you from technologically curious to a Full Stack Software Engineer in 13-weeks.
Bright Network have invested heavily in ensuring this is a market leading training proposition, with the course created by a Software guru with experience in developing training bootcamps for incoming Microsoft Engineers, and delivered by an Entrepreneur and ex-Microsoft Engineer and other technology experts.
On completion of the Bright Network Technology Academy, there is the possibility of securing full time employment on a 24-month structured programme with Bright Network.
The programme is broken into two parts, Foundation Training and the Accelerated Learning Bootcamp.
Start Date: 1st February 2020
Length: 5 days
Time Commitment: Full Time
Accelerated Learning Bootcamp:
Not only will the Bright Network Technology Academy focus on your technical skills, but it will support you to become well-rounded and a lifelong learner. You will be paired with a mentor, complete softer skills training, and take part in virtual ‘fire-side chats’ with industry experts.
Start Date: 15th February 2020
Time Commitment: Full Time
Who is this for?
We’re looking for a group of aspiring technologists to go through the full end-to-end Technology Academy. When signing up, we ask that you are available to complete the foundation course, the accelerated learning course, and be ready and open to joining a structured 24-month programme with Bright Network Technology Academy to work in some of our Clients technology teams.
Does this sound like you?
- Already have graduated University and are immediately available to start
- STEM graduate or someone with shown interest in working as a Software Engineer though self-learning, societies, courses, or jobs
- You have the full unrestricted right to work in the UK
- You’re an expert problem solver and enjoy working through challenges and working with complex information
- You’re logical and process minded – breaking down tasks to their component pieces to understand the best route forward
- You enjoy data and understanding how it can be used to drive businesses forward
- You’re passionate about technology and the prospect of a career within it
- You’re detail orientated and are happy to search through your work to find areas for improvement or bugs in your code
- You love learning and broadening your skill sets
- You thrive in ambiguity and show tenacity in overcoming unfamiliar situations
- Online application with CV submission and short answer questions
- Critical Thinking and Numerical Reasoning Tests
- Short Video Interview
Successful applicants from this process will be offered a place on the Foundation Programme. Completers of this programme will be asked to complete a short coding exercise and top performers will be offered a place on our 12-week Accelerated Learning Course.
Across the Accelerated Learning Course, you will have the opportunity to meet with employers and impress them with your new learnt knowledge. There is no guarantee of a job on the programme completion, but we will look to secure you placements with partner companies and offer successful completers a place on the 24-month structured Bright Network Technology Academy.
Our offer to you:
- A chance to join a market leading Full Stack Software Engineering Training for free
- Full mentoring and guidance as you begin your career in Technology
- Exposure to some of the world’s leading technology teams
- The possibility of securing paid employment on the Bright Network Technology Academy with one of our partner companies on completion of the Accelerated Learning Programme
- A sense of community and a cohort of likeminded aspiring technologists
- Foundation Programme Length: 1-week
- Accelerated Learning Programme Length: 12-weeks
- Time Commitment: Full Time
- Cost: Free
- Format / Location: Virtual
- Start Date: 1st February
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network for future job openings that might spark your interest!
Please note, right now we don’t have a license to sponsor VISA applicants, and as there is the possibility for employment post-training, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who already have the full right to work in the UK.
If you self-identify as disabled or have a long-term condition, and require any reasonable adjustments to any part of the recruitment process, please email email us here. For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview