Graduate Sustainability Consultant 2021
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world’s biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
We are looking for an ambitious Graduate Sustainability Consultant to join our industry leading Sustainability and Assurance consulting group.
The key focus of this role is to contribute to the delivery of a range of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Assurance projects as well as supporting the development and growth of the business, staying alert to client requirements and business opportunities.
At Bureau Veritas, CSR is embedded in our DNA. Our mission is to reduce our clients’ risks, improve their performance and help them innovate to meet the challenges of quality, health & safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Our goal is to build a team that looks like the world around us, and we want our people to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a world of trust for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake a variety of quantitative and qualitative data verification tasks
- Play an active role in the delivery of sustainability report assurance and data verification projects
- Conduct primary and in-depth research as required
- Support interaction with clients and relationship building as part of project delivery
- Manage personal resources and time, including personal utilisation, with guidance from line manager
- Support and undertake site visits to client sites and offices
- Provide administrative support to the team as required
- Keep up to date with current developments within sustainability
- Ensure a safe, environmentally conscious and high quality culture
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree in a relevant subject: Environment, Sustainability, carbon or mathematical (MSc preferred) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in a range of sustainability issues and frameworks such as GRI, CDP, GHG Protocol etc.
- Excellent research skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Flexible approach and a team player
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.