Graduate Industrial Designer 2021
We are an employee owned company with our staff at the centre of our strategy. Employee ownership allows us to maintain full control over the direction of our business and our creative culture.
We hire people with a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for design, engineering and science so if you’re the type of person who fills their spare time designing and making things, then we’d love to know.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Graduate Industrial Designer with a passion for user-centred design and technology to join our growing team who will be graduating in 2021, and work for some of the biggest consumer and healthcare companies in the world.
Being as handy with a sketchpad as with workshop modelling tools, you’ll play a key role in developing new concepts, client facing activity and will be expected to use a broad range of visualisation software, and product development technologies to prove your ideas through models and prototypes. You will also routinely support other functions within the business to generate impactful, brand-aligned visual collateral and content.
Working within a multidisciplinary environment will allow you to develop your technical skills, as well as broadening your knowledge and experience. You’ll be involved throughout the product development process, from earliest stakeholder research, to detailed design for manufacture, and a natural talent for spotting insight and underserved need, and creatively translating your observations into product and experience specifications and concepts, will ensure your solutions are evidence-based and highly compelling.
You will have a portfolio containing insightful and beautiful product design with great attention to detail, that showcases your broad range of design and communication skills and have clear and effective communication style which will help you build lasting professional relationships with peers and clients alike.
You’ll work alongside our cross-disciplinary user centred design team. A client facing role, you, as our usability expert, will be comfortable to interact with clients and deliver your research insights and analysis. As a critical part of our service in supporting the creation of early stage concepts, you will identify and implement appropriate user research techniques including the method of ethnographic research.
- 2:1 or higher degree in industrial design, or related discipline
- You’ll be a creative thinker and concept generator with a strong interest in research insight and empathy with the experience of users
- Outstanding hand sketching and presentation style to communicate ideas
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams would be beneficial
- Proficient 2D and layout skills – Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Capable 3D CAD competency (preferably SolidWorks or Rhino)
- High standard of KeyShot visualisation.
- A knowledge of UX software including Sketch or Adobe XD is a plus.
- Comfortable with hands-on prototyping and model-making.
- Able to work on multiple projects while meeting challenging deadlines.
- Adobe Premier or other video software competency would be an advantage
- Able to travel internationally.
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas, you receive a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 12% non-contributory pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday
Please ensure you upload both your CV and portfolio of work when applying for this position and ensure your CV details your full academic grades from GCSE, A level or equivalent.