At Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure, we’re transforming the entire built environment. We’re working with public and private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. From inception to delivery, we provide a unique blend of services and expertise that means we're able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector. Our consultants have built a mixed use regeneration project situated on the banks of the River Thames and provided advice and support on the Merseyside Gateway Bridge. Join us and discover better as you create the smart, connected places of tomorrow.
Join us as a Drainage Flood Engineer and you’ll help to shape the environmental industry of the future. We’re a friendly and professional team, always open to new perspectives and looking for ways to collaborate. You will be part of the Capita Environment flooding team and will involve working on projects to enhance the local environment, identifying sources of drainage system contamination or flooding and assessing the adverse impact on the environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Advising on and providing solutions for mitigating the effects of such;
- Preparing and supporting business cases for works to protect the environment;
- Contributing to the design of environmental projects including hydraulic systems, sewerage systems, flood defences, roads and ancillary structures etc;
- Determines and specifies construction methods, materials, quality and safety standards and ensures that equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specification’
- Masters degree in a suitable related subject
- Experience in preparing flood/drainage business plans
- Experience working on the feasibility and design of traditional and environmental flood/drainage projects
- Experience carrying out and recording surveys
What’s in it for you?
- a competitive basic salary – plus we’ll pay for professional body membership fees
- 25 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- flexible working options available – just ask
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 61,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.