Graduate Engineer 2021
An excellent opportunity for an Graduate Engineer to join Capita Infrastructure’s Commercial team in the Cardiff, St Mellons office. As a graduate you will combine your previous academic learning with practical experience and professional development gained while at Capita to form the foundation for your professional career. You will have a mentor who will guide you through your chartership and provide technical guidance on projects. During which, you will also have the opportunity to network with peers and personnel from all areas of our business during initiatives such as Engage, graduate networking events and Capita social events.
What you’ll be doing
- Undertake the development of engineering options for a proposal so that full consideration is given to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues.
- Prepare the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design and participate in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed.
- Support in all associated duties and carry out cross discipline engineering checks in association with engineers of other disciplines.
- Manage the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines.
- Assist in the preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the Capita’s quality management system
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
- opportunity to work under mentorship to develop your chartership
- Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote Capita’s SHEW culture within your team
What we’re looking for
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline with a grade of 2:1 or higher
- Desire to work towards chartership for the Institute of Civil/Structure Engineers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Able to manage your own time to meet project deadlines and budget targets.
- Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high quality reports in English.
- Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests and meet challenging deadlines.
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Shall have a sound understanding of the Construction Design and Management (CDM) 2015 Regulations & Common Safety Method (CSM) 2013 Regulations, specifically the designer’s requirements.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- UK Driving License is desirable
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we create places where people can prosper.
Today, critical infrastructure and public building projects need to be sustainable and environmentally appropriate. They must deliver value for the people that will use them - local communities and businesses - for decades to come. The wide range of demands requires a more holistic approach to design. That’s where we come in.
Our clients rely on our commitment to understanding their challenges and finding smarter solutions, and a broad range of experts offering a distinctively diverse set of skills. Our leadership team, who are practitioners themselves, understand what it takes to deliver.
Our culture is built on over 100 years of delivering excellence and creating solutions for critical infrastructure challenges. This enables us to provide a different perspective and approach; one based on what our clients need and can afford.
From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and holistic, collaborative approach.
We’re a unique team specialising in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 25) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.