Graduate Transport Planner 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Graduate or Postgraduate Transport Planner to join our team based in our Cardiff office. The workload will be varied and therefore we are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop their career. As a Graduate or Postgraduate Transport Planner, you will assist in the delivery of a broad range of technical projects for a range of both public and private sector clients. Your key role will be providing competent and enthusiastic support as part of the Transport Planning Team.
What you’ll be doing
- Production of WelTAG assessments designed to evaluate the economic, social and environmental implications of major infrastructure projects
- Production of local, national and regional transport policy documents designed to support and facilitate improvements to the transportation network
- Promotion, development and expansion of Active Travel Routes
- Development of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans to support planning applications
What we’re looking for
- Degree in an appropriate field. e.g. Transportation, Engineering, Mathematics, Geography, Planning or a related analytical subject
- An interest in transport and planning issues
- Numeracy skills and the ability to interpret data
- Written and oral communication skills
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career via chartership, with support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications, including a Masters in Transport Planning
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we create places where people can prosper.
Today, critical infrastructure and public building projects need to be sustainable and environmentally appropriate. They must deliver value for the people that will use them - local communities and businesses - for decades to come. The wide range of demands requires a more holistic approach to design. That’s where we come in.
Our clients rely on our commitment to understanding their challenges and finding smarter solutions, and a broad range of experts offering a distinctively diverse set of skills. Our leadership team, who are practitioners themselves, understand what it takes to deliver.
Our culture is built on over 100 years of delivering excellence and creating solutions for critical infrastructure challenges. This enables us to provide a different perspective and approach; one based on what our clients need and can afford.
From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and holistic, collaborative approach.
We’re a unique team specialising in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 25) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.