Junior Communications Consultant 2021
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
We are looking for a Communications Consultant to join Sparks, an award-winning creative communications consultancy, specialising in employee and financial communications in the workplace. You will deliver pensions communications projects to a high standard, assist in monitoring profitable performance of consulting and production of products and build strong relationships internally in Sparks and with other Capita Pensions departments
Ideal candidates would be able to commute to London or Sheffield
What you’ll be doing
- Understand client requirements and help to establish a clear brief with the client.
- Set up client projects on Streamtime using the commercials agreed by the client, develop production schedules for the client and secure resources to deliver effectively
- Keep track of project progress against budget and highlight any concerns and take corrective action with your Senior Consultant
- Ensure that the Creative team resource is carefully used minimising the number of drafts in production and maximising revenue opportunities from any changes to agreed scope with the client
- Work in partnership with other teams / suppliers where required to deliver projects. Seek external cost estimates where necessary and agree these with the client.
- Liaise with the client on the delivery of projects including writing status reports, planning and review meeting notes, and managing the production and sign off of communication materials
- Adhere to Sparks production processes, systems and controls
- Draft and edit copy for a range of communications products in a variety of writing styles to meet client objectives
- Proof read for technical and grammatical accuracy, marking clearly for the Sparks team and before drafts and artwork are sent to the client and before communications are printed or published digitally
What we’re looking for
- A higher qualification or equivalent
- Experience working in communications, or Pensions sector
- A passion for marketing and communications
- Exacting attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and quality
- A demonstrable skill level in Microsoft Office
- A willingness to receive direction and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Excellent organisational and communication skills - at all levels
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic - ability to work to tight deadlines, with minor or no supervision
- The ability and experience to handle multiple tasks under pressure
- Copy writing, proofing and editing skills
- An understanding of Pensions legislation and key pension scheme types and pensions freedoms
- PMI or equivalent qualifications
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
Don’t forget, you’re part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.