Junior Landscape Architect 2021
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a junior graduate landscape architect to join our national landscape planning team at GL Hearn. We are ideally looking for an individual with 1- 3 years’ experience within a landscape architectural role within a consultancy background and working towards their chartership but will also consider recent graduates for this opening.
We have a diverse portfolio of work including master planning, public realm design, landscape assessment, and major infrastructure developments.
We have just secured an exciting and complicated podium-based project on the south coast and are looking for support to manage parts of the project on a day-to-day basis and for someone to support the delivery of the project, working closely client side and our senior team.
What you’ll be doing
- Compile and analyze data on conditions for environmental reports and landscape plans, such as land features, drainage, and location of structures.
- Inspect landscape proposals to ensure compliance with plans, work specifications, cost estimates and time schedules.
- Design, Drawing’s and prepare presentations and supporting text.
- Supports senior architect and senior team.
- Attend site visits.
What we’re looking for
- Recognized Degree or equivalent in landscape architecture
- Working towards chartership
- Strong graphic skills and 3D Modelling
- Working knowledge of design software including AutoCAD, Adobe products.
- Willingness to learn on the job and be flexible to support our diverse portfolio.
- Demonstrate ability to write landscape design statements.
- Excellent Presentation, attention to detail and client facing skills.
- Attention to detail and Creativity.
About GL Hearn
Part of Capita plc, GL Hearn is a market-leading UK real estate consultancy, providing successful planning, development, and occupier advisory outcomes for both public and private sector clients.
GL Hearn provide commercially driven advice through all stages of the asset life cycle, specializing in a variety of sectors including defence, retail, residential, mixed-use development, commercial office space, healthcare and education, and infrastructure.
Working with a wide range of public and private sector clients, GL Hearn enhance land and property holdings, working on some of the most complex real estate projects in the UK, making difficult development happen and reducing property occupation costs.
GL Hearn offer a wide range of specialist professional services from environmental, infrastructure and town and country planning, business rates advice, valuation, and lease advisory, through to development including compulsory purchase and land assembly, private sector development management, agency, and consultancy expertise.
Our head office in London, and network of regional offices, are home to over 250 specialist consultants and client advisors
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Company car or car allowance benefit
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office annually, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.