Underwriting Assistant (Professions)
At CFC we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We were delighted to be recognised in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2019’ including a placing within the Top 30 for London!
CFC Benefits include 25 days holiday, discretionary bonus scheme, private medical insurance (plus dental and optical cashback benefit), life insurance scheme, income protection scheme, pension plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership, employee wellbeing programme (including on-site massages), 24/7 employee assistance programme. CFC social events include the summer party weekend, Halloween and Christmas parties.
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Our underwriting assistants play a vital role in providing first class administrative support for the effective day to day running of our underwriting teams. As an underwriting assistant you’ll be providing dedicated support to underwriters across our teams.
You’ll support the end to end underwriting process from logging and processing submissions on CFC’s underwriting system. You’ll work closely with CFC underwriters.
You’ll develop a thorough understanding of CFC’s workflow processes and systems as well as gaining exposure to insurance. A role as an underwriting assistant provides a great foundation for a career at CFC, with a number of our underwriters and underwriting team leaders starting their careers here!
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Providing excellent administrative support to underwriting teams to ensure CFC can adhere to target turnaround times for our brokers and insureds
- Managing the underwriting central inboxes and logging new and renewal submissions on CFC’s internal underwriting system
- Preparing various activity reports and spreadsheets as directed
- Administering the department diary, including chasing outstanding items such as subjectivities and renewal business
- Answering incoming calls and fielding queries as appropriate
- General ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
Skills & Ability
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and turnaround times
- Resilient and able to operate effectively and accurately under pressure
- Excellent level of attention to detail including accurate written and numeracy skills
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Good communications skills, courtesy and patience
- Confident, energetic and assertive
- Strong work ethic with a flexible attitude
- Above all you’re a team player!
Knowledge & Experience
- Computer literacy with strong skills in Outlook, Word and particularly Excel
- Experience within an office environment is helpful but not essential
- A strong interest in developing a career in the insurance sector.
Education & qualifications
- Educated to at least A Level standard or higher with a view to studying towards CII certification.
Our core values
The information contained within this job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the role. The role holder may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. CFC Underwriting Limited may at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as appropriate.