Experienced Graduate Structural Engineer Liverpool 2024
Are you an experienced Graduate Structural Engineer, on the lookout for a company to mentor and coach you toward chartered status at the earliest opportunity?
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer with 2-3 years experience to accompany our Liverpool Civil/Structural team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will work closely with our experienced Structural Engineers to manage projects, and produce effective designs.
Role and responsibilities
- Undertake appropriate analysis and prepare design calculations, drawings, and reports with little supervision from a Senior Engineer and in a form that can readily be checked by another member of staff.
- Deliver high-quality designs using engineering materials including concrete, steel, masonry, timber, etc., together with soils, foundations and drainage.
- Apply Eurocodes, British Standards, current Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations, and other design codes/information as appropriate.
- Support Senior Engineers in project design from commencement to completion.
- Produce clear, hand-drawn sketches with annotations as necessary.
- Undertake thorough site investigations, complete inspections, and identify and resolve any issues as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate CAD Technicians to produce high-quality designs using a wide range of engineering materials.
- Communicate effectively with team members, clients, and other construction professionals regarding projects.
- Represent the company at design team meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
- Keep your professional development up-to-date with IPD/CPD expectations and/or Membership requirements of the IStructE and/or ICE.
- Recognise the importance of clear communication with all members of the design and/or construction team regarding matters of structural safety, and keep up-to-date with information provided by CROSS (Collaborative Reporting for Safer Structures).
- Manage your time effectively, and complete and submit your time-sheets accurately in a timely manner.
- Work towards your Chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues in a regular and systematic manner.
AutoCAD, Tekla, and REVIT.
- BEng/MEng or equivalent degree from a JBM-accredited course in Civil Engineering or associated subject.
- If not already completed, to complete successfully the IStructE Certificate of Structural Behaviour
We are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Professional membership (two per year).
- Agile working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Welcome pack (personal fleece and water bottle).
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment.