Junior Performance and Risk Analyst 2021
We are the Asset Management division of Close Brothers, a FTSE 250 leading UK merchant banking group. Our clients are professionals, business owners, individuals, families, and employers, who rely on our high-quality financial advice and investment services to preserve and grow their long-term savings and investments.
We are based throughout the UK, employing circa 800 people across 11 offices. Through our widespread geographic footprint, we are able to achieve strong, long-term relationships with our clients, by combining our understanding of the local regions we serve and face-to-face services.
We know that outstanding individuals help drive our business forward, deliver exceptional service for our clients and continue to build Close Brothers’ long standing reputation as a leading merchant banking group.
- Periodically monitor the underlying holdings and performance of core funds and segregated portfolios.
- Making sure the team’s processes are running properly on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis. Output will need to be thoroughly validated and distributed.
- Recommending and establishing improvements to the team’s processes as well as creating new processes to enhance existing analysis.
- Contribute to the operation of an effective and robust risk management framework and internal governance framework.
- Validating and processing required data from our database to ensure the reliability and timeliness of the team’s output.
- Detecting inaccurate/incorrect data and ensuring the datasets, for which the team are responsible, are clean.
- Accurately static providing information, categorisation and eligibility status for all new securities.
- Support Front Office personnel on an ad hoc basis, providing prompt and accurate performance and risk analysis.
- Support senior members of the team on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide a link between Front Office and Operations.
- Represent the Performance and Risk team at morning investment meetings on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Attention to detail.
- Numerate and methodical.
- Hardworking, eager to learn and an interest in developing a holistic understanding of asset management and multi asset investing.
- Willing to help colleagues when under pressure and unafraid to seek support.
- Proactive approach to solving problems.
- Able to manage their own workload without direct supervision to ensure deadlines are met.
- Approachable and helpful, with good interpersonal skills.
- High score on Numeracy and Reasoning Tests (verbal and non-verbal).
- Basic to intermediate Excel skills.
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role.
To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorised in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.