Junior Systems Analyst 2021
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a candidate looking to further their career in the financial services sector. The Company requires a full-time permanent Junior IT Systems Analyst to join the technology team providing services to our trading and support staff.
The remit of the role requires a pro-active individual, with excellent communication skills who would enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced, high growth environment. Predominately the key responsibility of the role is to work aside our Senior System Analyst and Head of Networks & Infrastructure in the provision of support to the firms EOS product platform, in addition to supporting the needs of various users throughout the firm.
The position would suit a candidate with some initial professional experience and a passion for technology. Ideally the suitable candidate will have c.1-2 years administering Windows Sever/Systems, and the willingness to drive their career.
- To assist the Head of Networks & Infrastructure in the achievement of the IT Operations strategy, and associated plans to assist the achievement of the Company’s long-term strategy
- To provide support to the development office, including dev apps and controls
- To provide Infrastructure related support for our SQL server base and assist our DBA team
- To provide “Dev Ops” support to the WBS development team
- installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- monitoring of the EOS environment, utilizing current and future tools
- troubleshooting development applications and development server issues.
- Building and configuring servers, (through SCCM and VMWare), to current standards and procedures.
- Configuration of active directory objects, (such as Service accounts, users, GPO and SPN’s), in an appropriate manor and inline with security requirements.
- Producing and maintaining Powershell scripting.
- providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Have a basic grasp of .net and SQL programming languages
- Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues and raise changes as required
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies, (AWS and Azure) and the willingness to learn and develop in this area.
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Working with the IT support desk, to aid in EOS related issues that may arise
- Maintain and adhere to the current access control and security around the IT infrastructure in general and liaise with the IT Securities team, to ensure standards are adopted as required.
- Adapt to new requirements in technology, from both the dev team and the IT team and undertake training as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ideally candidates will be educated to degree level in Computer science or Information Technology (Strong A-Level candidates will still be considered)
- Circa 1 years + experience in a similar role, having gained exposure in a professional environment to some of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server (essential)
- SUSE Linux
- Microsoft SQL administration
- Active Directory, DHCP, GPO, DNS
- Visual studio
- AWS / Azure Cloud
- Microsoft System Center
- Pro-active can-do attitude with excellent problem solving capabilities
- Excellent time keeping and prioritisation skills, to ensure issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build a good rapport with colleagues
- Commitment to continuous personal development
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative.
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously but refer to the Manager where required or appropriate.
Winterflood Business Services (WBS) is a business to business (B2B) platform provider whose award-winning service has seen us grow to over £4bn AUA with an expanding client list. Our highly skilled and experienced team are dedicated to providing the standards our clients rightly demand.
Our aim is to help solve client problems and ease their regulatory and administrative burden with secure, integrated and bespoke end-to-end solutions to achieve their investment objectives. Execution quality and excellent service is at the core of our business, all set out in our service level agreements for full transparency.
The WBS service is provided through our EOS platform, which is a proprietary system developed by our in-house development team. EOS is built using the latest technologies and is based on micro-service architecture, making the platform easy to scale and deploy new functionality. We are also market innovators, capable of recognising unfilled needs and developing products to suit our customers’ needs and changing regulatory requirements.
We became a separate division of Winterflood Securities in 2010, in response to demand from clients who were looking for ‘whole of market’ access and ‘custody services’. Our strategy remains to continue to invest in people, process and technology to allow us to scale for the growth in our existing business, as well as taking on new clients