Junior Trade Support Analyst 2021
An excellent opportunity has been created for an ambitious and committed individual who carries a passion for financial markets, looking to start their career at an established and well-respected market maker, Winterflood Securities Limited (“the Company”). The successful candidate will be a highly dependable individual with a keen understanding of the dynamics affecting the financial markets.
The candidate will gain exposure to the whole of the Middle Office department, focussing on Trade Support, whilst also having broad access and exposure to the wider firm. The individual will work within a small specialist Middle Office department, which ultimately reports to the Director of Electronic Trading, and all of whom are located on the trading floor.
Above all, you will need to be sincere and trustworthy, with a sound understanding, respect and commitment to our obligation to maintain the stability and fairness of financial markets, and the remit of compliance and governance parameters outlined both by the Company and our Regulators. Winterflood warmly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, as we remain committed to addressing under representation in the industry as part of our board-level Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
The role requires an individual to support the needs of the Trade Support department. A diverse role which primarily focuses on supporting our front office traders in providing products and services to our clients whilst also meeting our day-to-day Exchange obligations and Regulatory requirements. Additionally, assisting Electronic Trading workflows, Technical Support and other departments within WINS infrastructure. Previous experience of equity markets or Trade Support is beneficial but not a necessity.
This is a responsible position that would interest an ambitious, self-motivated individual seeking to move away from a routine role. Excellent reporting skills will be required. Candidates should be self-starters, with the ability to learn and manage multiple tasks, including static data management, prioritising and trouble-shooting alerts, and communicating with colleagues.
This will be an excellent opportunity for you to start a career in the City with superb career prospects within the Company. Winterflood will support you with access to industry training such as formal CISI Financial Regulation and Securities exams and additional CPD. You will learn about financial markets, products, and services through a variety of methods inclusive of but not limited to:
- The completion of any relevant related qualifications.
- Ongoing completion of mandatory cyclical compliance training.
- Exposure to numerous touch points throughout the business.
- The reading of relevant materials from reliable sources.
- Internal policy and procedures documentation.
We expect the individual to be driven and motivated in their career development and to have an overall aspiration to be a committed member of the Middle Office team. Maintaining compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organizational policies and professional codes will be essential in this endeavour.
- Processing of key start-of-day and end-of-day tasks
- Providing real-time support for Market Makers and Sales Traders
- Working with Front Office Controls Manager on reporting of key trading controls
- Liaising with external Exchange Market Supervision Teams
- Ensuring we meet our On-Exchange Market Making obligations
- Helping to manage & maintain business critical static data
- Raising and sponsoring project work to enhance the systems and workflows
- Liaising with Settlements & Corporate Actions to efficiently process specific events
- Working closely with Compliance and Risk, and working through any audit actions
- Act as an intermediary between the front office and back office stakeholders
- Produce ad hoc reports and management information
- Reviewing and maintaining detailed desk procedures
- Excellent academic record; educated to Bachelor’s Degree or A-Level
- Quick learner, with confidence to question and challenge
- Commitment to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Ability to multi-task, sometimes under pressure
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Presentable with good client facing skills and telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, taking the initiative and motivated to achieve end goals
- Prepared to go the extra mile, ‘can do’ attitude
- Professional and responsible, taking pride in work, accountable
- Attention to detail is key in the role
- Team player, working in close knit environment
- Strong analytical / mathematical skills
- Time management, working to deadlines
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge
Winterflood Securities is a leading market maker committed to providing liquidity and flexible execution services to retail brokers, asset managers and institutional investors.
Winterflood’s strengths are a combination of traditional trading values and the performance of our own cutting edge technology. Our experienced team of traders helps clients achieve high quality execution in over 15,000 tradable instruments including UK, European and North American Equities together with Investment Trusts, Exchange Traded Products, Fixed Income, Structured Products and Funds. Founded in 1988, Winterflood has gone from being a niche market maker in the UK Small Cap market, to a mature, diverse and major liquidity provider across multiple asset classes in the UK and European markets.
Winterflood is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Winterflood Securities is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc, a specialist financial services group which makes loans, takes deposits, trades securities and provides advice and investment management solutions to a wide range of clients. Close Brothers Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250.