Graduate Highways Engineer 2021
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies? Creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, while also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, bridges, hydro and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to create better solutions while delivering on our promises project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
We are looking for an Assistant Engineer to join our Highways team in Bristol, giving you the opportunity to co-create with our experts on some of the most prestigious infrastructure programmes in the UK. Working alongside our Highway experts you'll receive training to undertake design work on various projects developing your skills and career.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
- Production of engineering design in accordance with project requirements
- Preparation of written reports and drawings
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects and supporting others with the Highways design
- Attending design meetings
- Site visits as required
- Assisting the Highways team Engineers learning about Highways design
- Using CAD software to undertake design tasks
To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be an open and honest person who is eager to collaborate with others. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
- Be studying to obtain a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Civil Engineering, and aspire to become a Chartered professional. Or, have obtained a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Civil Engineering within the last 2 years
- Possess an understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers' requirements and the risk assessment process
- Have the ability to work within a team of varying experience
- Work experience in Highways Engineering beneficial but not essential
- Be willing to take on new challenges and learn about the Civil Engineering industry