PFR Finance Placement 2021
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
PFR Finance placement student
We are looking for an enthusiastic PFR Finance placement student to join our team specializing in Cummins Business services for our Corporate Segment in Darlington, United Kingdom,During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Compile, consolidate, and conduct basic analysis of accounting and finance information.
- Assist with the production of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Make accounting adjustments through appropriate journal entries.
- Assist with monthly and annual account reconciliations and close activities.
- Examines a variety of financial statements and transactions for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with accounting standards.
- Prepares tables, charts, and other exhibits for reports, also working on less complex accounting projects or participating in more complex projects.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Working towards a degree in Accounting, or related subject
- Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
- As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
- Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
- Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
- You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance
- We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
- Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
- You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
- You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.