Quality Placement 2021
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Quality Placement Student to join our team specializing in Quality for our Distribution Business Segment in Wellingborough. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Logging tracking and communicating Quality non-conforming issues, producing reports, communicating with internal / external customers and suppliers.
- Providing support across DBU Europe for Quality systems management issues.
- Supporting internal audit program planning and execution / follow-up.
- Managing disposition of non-conforming material.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Working towards a degree in Business/Management/Mechanical or Electrical Engineering related area.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to details.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and work independently
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
- As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
- Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
- Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
- You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance
- We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
- Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
- You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
- You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.