Trainee Block Manager Muswell Hill 2021
We are looking for fantastic people to join our Block Management team based in North London. This will suit a current assistant property manager or someone looking to build a career in Block management.
Main purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Director of Block Management and looking after a portfolio of small to medium sized blocks. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of leasehold management and building positive client relationships. Working to tight deadlines and being communicative and responsive are key skills for this role and working to achieve the company’s vision and goals. A good working knowledge of leasehold Law would be an advantage.
IRPM membership and training will be provided
- Manage a portfolio of medium blocks and refurbishment work.
- Review and instruct contracts and identify preventative maintenance measures
- Prepare and agree annual budgets and liaise with the service charge team
- Undertake periodic financial reviews of expenditure versus budget.
- Manage insurance claims in the common parts
- Ensure Health and Safety documentation is commissioned, maintained and kept up to date
- Undertake regular client and leaseholder liaisons and attend meetings
- Initiating major works, appointment of a building surveyor and overseeing works to their completion as well as financial budgeting
- Ensuring legal consultations are carried out in accordance with current legislation
- Administer licenses and consents for assignments, sublets and alterations
- Managing covenant breaches
- Dealing with sales packs and completing LPE1 forms
- Integrating new instructions into the portfolio
- Honest and reliable
- Driven and self-motivated
- Confident, dynamic and diplomatic
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Full, clean, current drivers license and own vehicle
- Working knowledge of Propman database application an advantage