Future Leaders Graduate Programme 2021
Are you a talented and ambitious student or graduate who wants to manage and lead people? Do you want to inspire others and support people through exciting and challenging times? Do you see yourself as someone who can get the best out of people and achieve high targets?
Our Future Leaders Program is all about developing our managers and leaders of the future for our Operations. Being at the forefront of the DHL Supply Chain business, our operations are where our people use their skills and expertise to make a difference to our customers.
Take real responsibility and put your people - and customer - management skills to the test with our Future Leaders Program. From day one, you'll tackle real business challenges within a supportive culture that helps you get the most out of your time with us. In return, as a market leader in logistics and supply chain, we give you scope to reach your career goals however high you're aiming.
We want to develop our Graduates to become our General Managers and business leaders of the future and by working your way through the operations we will give you the skills and experience you need to fast track your way through our business.
You will have the opportunity to work on a number of customer contracts and locations within the UK, including working in our Retail & Consumer, Automotive, Supply Chain Solutions and Life Sciences & Healthcare businesses.
We invest in your future because you are the future leader of our business. And when you're the best you can be, you'll help us to be the best too!
What the programme looks like
- 36 month structured Program
- 3 x 12 month placements
- Based in warehouse and transport operations
- Early responsibility and fast progression – structured placements to give you the skills & experiences you need
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- A “Can Do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- A desire to be a people manager and to lead teams of people through day to day business and exciting change projects
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the Program)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the Program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the Program
- Must be fluent in English
- Confident communicator- able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the Program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.