ESPN Editorial Industrial Placement 2021
Are you an aspiring sports journalist looking to get your foot in the door at an industry-leading company? This is your chance to join ESPN for a challenging and rewarding internship.
ESPN – the world’s biggest sports publisher and broadcaster – is excited to offer a 12-month internship for undergraduates, based at its London HQ in Hammersmith, starting in summer 2021.
You will spend time in all of the key departments in the London office, including news, features, video, live, programming and social.
Firstly, do you qualify to apply? This is a placement for undergraduates only – you will return to university or college to complete your course after finishing your time with ESPN. You will also be ready to work at our office in Hammersmith, London - overseas candidates are not eligible for this position unless you are committed to moving to London, and already have the legal right to work in the UK.
You must be tenacious, incredibly enthusiastic, fluent in English, a great writer with a love of sports news, excellent under pressure and have an extensive sports knowledge.
ESPN Sports Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About the Internship
As an ESPN editorial intern, you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of our editorial team. You will use your wide understanding of the sports world to provide great support to our teams on a number of our sites, including ESPN UK, ESPN FC and ESPN Cricinfo.
You will be involved in writing and sourcing material, conducting interviews, uploading content, photo management, research, site traffic reporting, maintenance of blogs and general admin tasks. This internship will develop your communication and writing skills, along with your sports industry knowledge.
- Must be an undergraduate student, returning to study in autumn 2022
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Excellent writing and editing skills (in English)
- A strong interest in sports news
- Excellent sports knowledge
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work legally in the UK and ready to be based in London
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as company-wide learning and development initiatives
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products.
- We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading sports publisher.
There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
How to Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page, addressed to Alex Shaw. Please note, applications without cover letters will not be considered. Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen ESPN?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage ESPN to choose you for the internship?