Research, Design and Development Internships - Register your Interest
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
At Dyson we do things differently. We look for the brightest new graduates with the right attitude to thrive in our unique culture. We offer real jobs with real salaries and real prospects. We need self-starters, people who are motivated and drive themselves forward. You can’t sit back and wait to be told what to do. You will have autonomy and freedom to excel, and will be pushed forward to become our future leaders.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the opportunities below, please submit your application and attach a copy of your updated CV to express your interest.
About the role
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again – all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
Design Engineering/Product Design
The Design Engineering team has been the driving force behind our success with innovative products. The team is involved in sketching, CAD, prototyping, testing, failing and refining to deliver design solutions to the high standards of product development Dyson is known for, working on ideas that will transform markets.
To make our machines intelligent we need a broad range of electronics skills, from analogue and digital circuit design to power systems and motors. Whatever your specialism you’ll be creating the hardware that makes our machines smart and reliable.
Our Software team develops app integration and connectivity in our machines. We’re now leading the way in creating software for connected technology and a more intuitive owner experience. The team works with a modern technology stack, including AWS and IOS/Android, in Agile. They work across the entire product lifecycle of our connected machines, from conception and mapping user journeys, through to product release.
The Technology Development team comprises of engineering specialists who provide technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, noise and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials, as well as technology system. We drive designs forward and work collaboratively with Design Engineers through defining simulation or experimental targets and adhering to the Dyson development process, product life management and milestone process.
Verification and Test Engineering
The Global Product Verification & Test team is responsible for performance test activities related to both software and hardware for all product categories, designed and developed by Dyson. The team plays an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
Business Intelligence/Data Analyst
Our Business Intelligence and Data team is responsible for global reporting and the analysis of projects during the product development stage. The team is responsible for capturing requirements, designing, building and deploying reports according to stakeholders’ needs and the end to end delivery of insightful data. Identifying opportunities and uncovering insights from a diverse set of data sources and ensuring that the reporting needs of the business stakeholders are met, the team plays a vital role in supporting the engineering teams in our RDD department worldwide.
- On track for a 2:1 or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Electrical & Electronics, Computer Science, Computer, Software Engineering, Data Analytics or related disciplines
- Available for a 3, 6 or 12 month internship starting in June 2021
- Be in your penultimate year and graduating in 2022 (3 or 6 month interns) or 2023 (12 month intern)
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our future plans
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme