Risk and Trust Graduate Internship 2021
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an important impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for supporting small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team
The Risk and Trust team looks after a range of policies and programs sought at ensuring the millions of eBay buyers and sellers are having phenomenal experiences on eBay – buying and selling with confidence: intuitively, reliably, and without hassle.
Risk and Trust Intern
6-month duration - Internship Start date: December 2020
- We are looking for an intern to join the team for six months.
- This role will focus on the UK market and will be a key contributor in the development of our policies, products, and customer insights.
- The role requires working closely with the UK business team as well as EU and Global teams.
- You will be keen to learn about data insight, policy, and product development.
- We are looking for an individual who is hardworking to seek customer problems through strong analytical skills as well as relationship management and creative thinking.
- Performance monitoring – Conduct analysis to assess and supervise impact of existing initiatives and forecast impact of future initiatives.
- Customer insights – Analyze data to identify customer needs and optimization opportunities. Make recommendations back into local and global teams.
- Customer-facing content – Review policy pages and product flows, and ensure compliance and localization.
- Local support of global initiatives – Work closely with local stakeholders and global colleagues to review projects, capture requirements and provide feedback.
- Self-driven individual, highly disciplined and organized, able to operate efficiently in a very dynamic context.
- Genuine passion for eBay and e-commerce. Buying and/or selling experience on eBay is a definite plus.
- Deep analytical capabilities. SQL skills. Very good command of Excel. Comfortable dealing with data and drawing interpretations from data.
- Intellectual curiosity, strong critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality, excellent written and oral communication skills.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following skillset and experience
- A strong customer-centric demeanor and passion for resolving customer issues strategically
- Excellent analytical skills, at ease handling data and drawing interpretations and insights.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably from a numerical/analytical background – all subject areas welcome.
- Interest in a career in the retail or online industry. Knowledge of marketplaces platforms would be an advantage.
What do we offer?
- Working in a diverse and encouraging environment where an experienced opinion is just an email or call away.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the US, Asia and Australia.
- Opportunity to grow personally and improve skill set.
- Attractive salary.
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humour.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.