Science and Engineering Innovation Graduate Programme 2021
The world of vacuum and abatement is full of opportunities and we can’t wait for you to explore it with us. We create some of the purest vacuum environments on earth for widescale use in industry and research. We take pride in our globally recognised position as the leading technology partner and supplier of vacuum and environmental solutions that support our customers productivity and environmental targets. Our caring culture and cutting-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future, and we believe that passionate people make it happen.
Our team will not be limited by conventional thinking to offer technology-driven solutions, and this requires a huge variety of skills and capabilities. Providing simple solutions to complex problems, it’s an exciting journey and you can play a key role!
One of our greatest strengths is the diversity of our workforce with people of all educational and cultural backgrounds working together. We believe that talent and diversity is the key to success and that everybody should feel valued and able to reach their full potential, both in their development and their contribution to the business. Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. With the Edwards Graduate Programme, you are about to become a member of the world-class team that our customers turn to.
About our Graduate programme
Vacuum is one of the hidden secrets behind many of the products you rely on every day. Edwards’ products enable scientific research, food preservation and the manufacture of smart devices as well as preventing the release of hazardous gases into the environment. It’s a fast-moving market with new applications emerging all the time, so we’re looking for bright, innovative and passionate people to join our Science and Engineering Innovation Graduate Programme.
At Edwards, you’re empowered to explore opportunities and drive your professional development. As a graduate you’ll have access to all the training, learning and assistance you need to become a specialist within your area of expertise. You’ll work alongside some of the world’s top experts in vacuum and abatement technology on a broad range of exciting, real-world projects that will transform the way we live, work and communicate.
We are actively developing sustainable solutions that enable a significant reduction in our customers' environmental footprint, while also driving down our carbon footprint within the business through waste reduction and renewable energy projects.
Where would I work?
You would typically be based at our Global Headquarters in Burgess Hill, Sussex - a short drive away from the vibrant seaside city of Brighton and Hove. You could also undertake a placement at one of our manufacturing sites at either Eastbourne (Sussex) or Clevedon (Somerset).
Day-to-day, as part of our team, you'll be:
- Growing skills and experience in a technical environment enabling you to gain valuable business knowledge and influence and deliver important innovation projects to time and budget.
- Experiencing working within a truly global multidisciplinary organisation.
- Learning vacuum and abatement science and understanding our customers applications.
- Developing new innovative technologies and solutions for deployment in future products.
- Using advanced simulation tools to optimise product design and application solutions.
- Designing, testing and evaluating solutions and making suggestions for improvements.
- Writing technical reports and presenting results to team members and project sponsors.
- Gaining exposure to Intellectual Property, Engineering Processes and Finance disciplines.
We are looking for candidates who have achieved/are predicted a 2:1 degree, or 2:2 Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Passion for working in a Scientific/Technical environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Curiosity, creativity and commitment to push the forefront of technology.
- Drive and desire to achieve professional accreditation.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a specialist team.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to analyse problems and develop innovative solutions.
- A keen interest in researching and developing solutions across a wide technology arena, utilising advances in engineering, science, software and digital technology.
Benefits & Rewards
Some of our benefits include:
- A competitive salary, discretionary bonus, health cash plan, competitive pension, ride-to-work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A robust career development plan, including online learning modules and on the job technical training.
- Early Careers Community forum and a global network.
- Mentoring programme.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Continuous support and coaching.