Graduate Electrical Engineer 2024
We’ve been voted the best place for graduates in construction and civil engineering across the UK, and our award-winning Graduate Programme is designed to give you a rich, hands-on experience where you will develop your technical skills, grow your network and gain professional qualifications if you want to. We are also proud to be a gold member of the 5% Club – an association that recognises employers with at least 5% of their workforce in ‘earn and learn’ positions.
Work with some of the best people in the industry in a full-time role, as you start an exciting and rewarding career where you will be enabled to add value to society.
Our development programme lasts for two years and runs in parallel to your permanent job, with seven modules including our much enjoyed Module 4, a teambuilding event in the great outdoors designed to bring out your interpersonal and leadership skills, and complement the hands-on technical experience that you will gain in your role.
If you decide to work towards professional qualifications, we will fully fund your qualification and pair you with a dedicated mentor. You will also have access to the GT Academy, an online portal that will aid your professional development both while on the Graduate Programme and onwards in your career.
Our programme culminates with a celebration of you and a promotion within your role to start the next stage of your career.
Why work with us
As a leading construction company, we take our role in society seriously, working to improve the UK’s built environment and delivering lasting change for the communities we work in.
Our purpose is to improve people’s lives by building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need; providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress; working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practices and caring for the environment in which we work.
We believe success comes from our people, so we create a culture at Galliford Try in which you can thrive, ensuring we nurture an environment where you feel welcomed, valued and included so you are enabled to achieve your potential whatever your background.
Our Agile Working programme empowers you with flexibility in when, where and how you work. Where appropriate, site and office-based employees can take advantage of a wide variety of working practices, offering different amounts of structure, regularity and flexibility to suit your needs as well as those of your wider team.
Health and safety extends to wellbeing at Galliford Try and our ‘Be Well’ programme offers discounts on gym memberships and features advice and support for a range of issues. Our links with Mates in Mind also enable us to support our teams when it comes to the important theme of mental health and our employee assistance programme also provides free 24/7 support to those who need it.
Driven by our values, we are people-orientated and progressive, and our offering is defined by our people. So, if you’re a team player, committed, talented, enthusiastic and want to make a difference to the world around you, join our team and learn from the best.
What we’re looking for
- Graduates holding an undergraduate degree or masters qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK without restriction
- Passion, flexibility, resilience and adaptability
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- A self-starter with a flexible but robust approach, and able to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated and curious, self-confident individuals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to get involved in key projects
- Ability to become a valued member of the team
- A highly organised approach to work
- Full UK driving licence (or currently learning)
On top of a competitive salary, you’ll benefit from flexible working with the freedom to adapt your working life around your home life to achieve a proper balance.
- Company car / car allowance (role dependent)
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with years of service, plus the opportunity to purchase further holidays each year
- A wide range of corporate discounts
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Comprehensive pension plan
- Regular Save as You Earn share purchase scheme
- Private medical scheme options are available for all salaried employees and our employee assistance programme also provides free 24/7 support to those who need it