Sensory Innovation Industrial Placement 2021
Consumer Science and Product Understanding is a vital function within the GSK business. The mission of the function is to drive Global Business Growth through the identification and development of products that delight consumers. The team identifies and measures key design attributes and develops core R&D capability in Consumer Science to drive superior product design and help produce products that delight consumers.
You will work on a wide range of different projects. Examples include, process/ingredient changes and how it affects the sensorial experience. Measuring product design attributes of GSK prototypes and competitor products. Working with consumers to translate consumer behaviour, barriers and insights to into technical solutions to improve the total product experience
You will be engaging with people both internally and externally on a daily basis which will provide you with a great foundation to develop your interpersonal skills and adaptability. The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues provides a diverse set of opportunities to gain experience and first-hand knowledge whilst working on several critical projects. In turn, you will develop stronger organisational and problem-solving skills which are transferable across any business area or organisation.
We’re looking for a well-organised, flexible thinking student who is passionate about product understanding.
- Must be studying an undergraduate degree in a Science, Life Science or Engineering.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
- The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2021.
- We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
- Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre