ViiV Healthcare Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive Industrial Placement 2021
ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012, after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV.
About the role
The ViiV Healthcare Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive Industrial Placement will help to build project management skills and allow the student to gain experience and knowledge of working with proficient scientific and medical staff and experts in the field of HIV. This placement will also give a chance to build a network of professional relationships across the company, as well as providing ongoing development opportunities. This is an opportunity to gain insights and experience of roles and careers available to scientists that are not laboratory based.
In addition, ViiV’s unique operating model will allow the IP student to have a dedicated line manager with whom they will have regular 1:1s, as well as access to multiple subject matter experts. You will support a variety of safety and regulatory activities including maintaining key safety related documents such as the Pharmacovigilance System Master File (PSMF), attending QPPV Office meetings, and assisting with audit and governance related activities. The student will benefit from the office environment, a network of IPs within ViiV and GSK and regular interactions with safety and regulatory colleagues extending to other RDGM/commercial staff based on relevant projects. In addition, as well as being given time to self-learn, the IP will have access to a wealth of groups/resources that come from working in a large pharmaceutical company.
- Multiple project management. You will be supporting multiple projects/teams.
- Engaging with stakeholders both at ViiV Healthcare and GSK.
- Management of the internal webpages, including generating content.
- Support for key governance meetings and related activities including the Safety and Labelling Committee.
- Coordination of the archiving process, including management of vendor interactions.
- Contribution to delivery of training on new systems, processes and policies.
- Contribution to update/creation of new process documentation.
QPPV Office and Safety Team support
- Working as part of the QPPV Office and PV Oversight Committee team. This will include preparing safety/regulatory documentation and presenting to the wider team.
- Contributing to the PSMF, including generating some of the annexes.
- Supporting the safety team’s oversight of market research, patient support programmes and interactive digital media.
- Assisting the Regulatory Affairs and Medical Governance teams.
- Monitoring pharmacovigilance activities and presenting results regularly.
- Management of regulatory document sharing team site including access and distribution lists.
- Coordinate receipt of monthly regulatory reports, ensuring they are complete.
- Handling parallel distribution notifications, and other communications from regulatory agencies/departments of health.
- Tracking of product license cancellation requests.
Medical Governance Support
- Support training on ABPI code, Compliance and Ethics including coordination of the quarterly training meetings.
- Processing the creation of/ update of learning modules.
- Time management & organisation- required to manage this cross functional role.
- Project management skills.
- Team player who is also able to work independently.
- Proactive and solution focussed.
- Ability to review structured material (eye for detail).
- Technically competent including Microsoft Office applications.
- You must be an undergraduate studying a Life Sciences degree
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
- The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2021
- We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
- Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 202
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre