Commercial Management Graduate
The Commercial Team has opportunities for Graduates, Industrial Placements, Technical Apprenticeships and Summer Placements.
People who work in Commercial Management are called Quantity Surveyors. GRAHAM Construction operates throughout the UK and Ireland. We pride ourselves in delivering value for money and innovative solutions for our clients.
Quantity Surveying at GRAHAM Construction is a highly varied role involving all divisions of the business from Building to Civils and Interior Fit Out.
As a forward thinking organisation, GRAHAM are actively involved in new energy markets such as wind, energy from waste, biomass and hydro, as well as the nuclear decommissioning market.
A Quantity Surveyor makes sure that the financial position of construction projects are accurately reported and controlled effectively. They manage the contractual relationships between the various parties involved in any particular project.
A Quantity Surveyor will
• Check and process sub-contract payments for work completed
• Ensure that Subcontractors are not charging for work that wasn’t completed
• Produce schedules of what materials etc. are needed to complete a project so that these can be ‘bought’ from sub-contractors
• Prepare and manage the accounts for projects
• Liaise with those onsite to obtain site records and reconciling these against works claimed
• Agree changes with Client’s commercial team
• Deal with all legal contracts and their clauses for a project
We offer a two year programme which focuses on developing your technical and interpersonal skills. In addition, a structured, mentored training programme, aligned to a recognised professional qualification, will set you on the pathway to chartership. Through early responsibility you’ll learn quickly on challenging projects with the opportunity for fast track career advancement.
- Studying Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management to degree level at university or technical college
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction management practices
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Health & Safety Induction Including Management System CSR/SAFEPASS/CSCS Card
- Previous site experience