Product Test Internship
Graphcore has created a new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute.
Graphcore’s Product Test team design and implement testing methods to identify non-conformities or defects in our IPU-based systems before shipment to our customers. This requires a very broad skill base across the team that of course includes a thorough understanding of semiconductor (IC) and PCB based system manufacture, but also an awareness of the wide range of tools and techniques that can be used to do "test". This includes fundamental electronics, various software types, statistics, some basic mechanical and thermal engineering, and sometimes a bit of chemistry.
Your 10-week internships will be like no other, with a mixture of learning on the job and working with your line manager to carry out your duties. You will intern solely in the Product Test Team, and details of your role will be explained further at final stage interview. Typically, we offer an insight to the team, technical/project ownership and the opportunity to support the daily tasks, challenges and achievements the team are involved in.
Our aim is to enrich your experience and to get you up to speed with life at Graphcore. This will start with a tailored induction and networking with your peers from a work and social prospective.
What do you need to have?
We’re looking for technically minded, highly motivated and adaptable problem solvers who can thrive in our collaborative team. Specifically, for this programme you’ll also need to:
- Be an undergraduate studying at a UK university for an Electronics Engineering or similar degree subject area, and on track for a 2:1 or above
- Have a systematic approach to solving problems in complex electronics systems
- Enjoy working on your own electronics hobby projects beyond your university course
- Be able to demonstrate data and statistical analysis skills
- A good communicator with steam-working and interpersonal skills
- Be able to evidence your technical skills using Python, Linux, Bash, Git
In addition to a competitive salary our centrally located Bristol office provides a well-stocked kitchen with healthy food, drinks and snacks and our very own barista. We have an active social scene too - from cycling, yoga, running and football right through to a board game group.
- All internships are based in our Bristol HQ, Prudential Buildings, 11 – 19 Wine Street
- Working hours per week: 40 hours Monday to Friday
- Unfortunately, no additional relocation support can be provided.
- Start date: Monday 21 June 2021
- End date: Friday 27 August 2021
- Duration: 10 weeks
Hiring process and starting at Graphcore
For the time being, our hiring process has shifted to adapt to the new circumstances. While we love getting to know you in an onsite final stage interview, your final interview will likely take place via video call.
Our Bristol office is open, and employees that wish to work from the office can work safely, adhering to social distancing guidelines. Although we cannot comment at this stage on the working arrangement when you join, if offered you will be required to be Bristol based.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, so they can do their best work.