Sustainability Intern 2021
At Grosvenor, we seek to recruit and develop people who share our values – Integrity, Respect and Trust – and have the skills and ambition to help us implement our strategy.
We offer a range of career opportunities - for graduates, property professionals and within our business support, operations and management teams.
Grosvenor Group is one of the world’s largest privately-owned property companies. We develop, manage and invest in property in more than 60 cities around the world.
Through the activities of Grosvenor Britain & Ireland, Grosvenor Americas, Grosvenor Asia Pacific and Grosvenor Europe we diversify the Group’s property portfolio by geography, sector, activity, currency and management teams. Our Indirect Investment business further diversifies the Group’s property interests by backing specialist third-party management teams. It invests Grosvenor’s capital in Africa, Australia, Europe and North and South America.
Grosvenor Europe draws on Grosvenor’s 300 years of experience in real estate and has a long-term view of investments, which we manage vigorously to ensure we continually add value. We seek to develop and maintain long-term relationships with our investment and development partners and with the communities in which we work. We employ real estate professionals with local knowledge and expertise, providing international partners with access to local European markets. Grosvenor Europe has offices in London, Paris, Stockholm, Madrid, Liverpool and Luxembourg.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative European team and support the implementation of Grosvenor Europe’s ambitious social benefit strategy. The role will work closely with the Sustainability Manager and the local teams to successfully embed and support the delivery of the sustainability strategy. Through data gathering, analysis and reporting, engaging with internal stakeholders to promote the sustainability agenda and working on strategic projects, this role has a very real impact on the achievement of our social benefit and sustainability targets. It also offers broad exposure to many business areas within a European property company and valuable insight into sustainability. Scope and support exist for the successful candidate to develop the role in line with their strengths and career interests.
- Assist the Sustainability Manager with the implementation of GEurope’s sustainability strategy, ensuring it becomes embedded within the business
- Support the delivery of key strategic projects, which could include net zero carbon, climate risk (TCFD), embodied carbon and stakeholder engagement
- Work with expert colleagues to drive culture change within the business through training, communication and engagement initiatives.
Data and reporting
- Manage GEurope’s sustainability data, both environmental and social, including working with consultants to collect, verify and analyse data and work to improve data quality and coverage across the GEurope portfolio
- Oversee the sustainability reporting process, communicating reporting requirements and deadlines to internal stakeholders and coordinating the gathering of relevant information
- Assisting the Sustainability Manager to deliver internal sustainability reporting to GEurope’s Executive Committee and Board
- Support the Portfolio and Asset Managers with reporting to our investors and joint venture partners on sustainability performance
- Assisting the Sustainability Manager to deliver external sustainability reporting to UN PRI and GRESB, with the assistance of external consultants
Engagement and collaboration
- Engage with internal stakeholders to promote sustainability across the business and facilitate a better understanding of the topic by sharing relevant content through newsletters, GEurope’s dedicated sustainability intranet page and presentations
- Be an active member of GEurope’s Social Benefit Committee, a group of representatives leading social benefit initiatives across our offices.
- Sustainability / Real Estate related degree is desirable
- Experience working in sustainability in the real estate sector would be preferable
- IEMA membership would be advantageous
- Working with others - relating and adapting to people; practical & pragmatic approach to getting things done; influencing with integrity
- Leading yourself – projecting credibility and a positive attitude; taking the initiative; tackling challenges with enthusiasm
- Planning and organising - prioritising activities that create greatest value; managing time, cost and resources effectively
- Working in teams - building team spirit across locations and departments; delivering team priorities; adopting a collaborative and flexible approach
- Communication - communicating with focus, simplicity and clarity; writing with purpose; providing clearly structured communication.
- Adapting to change – accepting new ideas and supporting changes; driving and communicating changes
- Passionate about working towards a more sustainable future
- Good presentation skills, report writing and excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to influence others and develop strong relationships
- Self-starter – able to work with autonomy