Financial Restructuring Internship 2021
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in financial restructuring, mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
Financial Restructuring Group
Houlihan Lokey has the largest and most experienced global financial restructuring practice of any investment-banking firm, with over 250 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Since 2018, we have worked on more than 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Houlihan Lokey has advised on more than 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $2.5 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating and advising on complex, highly leveraged situations in short time frames. We are also a recognised leader in advising on distressed M&A transactions.
The Financial Restructuring Group is expanding and we are looking for Summer Associate to be based in our London office.
Restructuring Summer Associates work specifically with the group, assisting with a variety of transactions, including debtor- and creditor-side restructurings and distressed mergers and acquisitions. The group offers a unique opportunity for Summer Associates to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of financial advisory and investment banking products and industries. These services include:
- Advising companies and stakeholders in out-of-court and in-court restructurings
- Raising debt and equity financing
- Providing distressed M&A advisory services
- Advising in special situations with elements of distressed investing
- Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our clients
Summer Associates are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate, and financial analyst.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
The following qualifications are required:
- Possess or on track to receive an MBA from a top-tier business school or equivalent degree from a top-tier graduate program
- Top academic performer and a quick learner capable of performing in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree with academic distinction
- A demonstrated interest in Restructuring
- At least a 2 – 3 years’ experience within either investment banking (M&A or an Industry team), Leverage Finance or Restructuring is preferred
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Strong LBO and DCF modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional strong work ethic
The candidate must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment. International experience is desirable, but not essential. The position is for a Summer Associate Class of 2021 (i.e. MBA Graduate Class of 2022 Associate).
Application Deadline: 31 December 2020