Software Engineering Internship London 2022
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
HRT is seeking highly motivated full-time students for our software engineering summer internship program. We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, love to learn, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. At HRT, coders are integral to the success of our trading, and they know it. You can always expect to be challenged by the ever-changing financial markets, and find yourself working on critical software in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- A fast-paced summer training program to give you an introduction to all technical facets of software engineering in the algorithmic trading industry
- Independent programming projects in C++ or Python, depending on the needs of the project
- After some intense but brief training, you'll jump right into projects within the first week
- You'll learn all about HRT's research and trading infrastructure, even in areas you won’t be working in
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn about and gain a deeper understanding of the financial markets
- You are a full-time student in a Computer Science or related program
- You will be graduating and looking for full-time roles in December 2022 or later; students in their penultimate year are preferred, but all students are welcome to apply
- Programming experience in C++, C, or Python is preferred
- A passion for technology and for writing code that is elegant, readable, and efficient.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
At HRT we come from a variety of disciplines: mathematics and computer science, physics, and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization - from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.