Graduate Cosmetics Regulatory Compliance Officer 2021
THG is one of the world’s fastest-growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
About the Division
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever-expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online
THG is looking to recruit a smart and ambitious Regulatory Compliance Officer for China Market to join our Beauty Compliance team. You will be working together with the Procurement, Brand, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure compliance of new and existing products.
About the opportunity
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, distributors and retailers to solve registration issues in China markets
- Identify and manage documentary export requirements and liaise with supply chain to ensure logistics support
- Proactively identifying potential Regulatory / Compliance opportunities or issues and alerting the relevant teams so they are able to plan further expansion accordingly
- Working with Brand and NPD teams to review new and existing products and advise if they are compliant with specific territory regulatory requirements
- Provide regulatory guidance regarding new and reformulated product concepts and strategic solutions to product labelling
- Develop and maintain links to other teams, including NPD, Supply chain, Logistics, Design, Marketing and Trading
- Managing ingredient compliance for Core Beauty skus entering China
- Checking translation of labels for skus entering China
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Degree Qualification in cosmetic science, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar willing to pursue a career in cosmetic regulatory affairs.
- Experience with international product registration processes
- Good understanding of Chinese Cosmetic regulations
- Good IT Skills - (Email, Excel and Word)
- Ambitious, motivated, detail oriented and capable of taking on responsibility
- Highly Commercial and a strong communicator.
- Previous experience in regulatory affairs (cosmetics and/ or other FMCG). Any regulatory experience with OTC products would be an advantage
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
Unfortunately because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.