Junior Chemist 2021
As part of The Hut Group (THG), Acheson & Acheson Ltd offers a unique end-to-end service specialising in the development and supply of premium beauty and cosmetic products to highly respected brands and retailers on a global scale. We have over 650 talented individuals working across our sites in Trowbridge and Frome – including a state-of-the-art laboratory and 78,000 square foot ever-growing manufacturing site!
Due to continued growth, we are now seeking a Junior Chemist to join our talented R&D Team as they take on some exciting new skincare, haircare and beauty brands.
Our Junior Chemists are responsible for taking product briefs from concept through to completion, working closely with the relevant teams associated with those projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Chemists and Technical Managers in the day to day running of the laboratory.
- Following company Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and hygiene standards ensuring it remains a clean, safe and efficient workplace.
- Formulating and preparing samples for customer evaluation, product stability and compatibility testing.
- Keeping up to date with raw material launches and attending supplier meetings.
- Organising and monitoring all required testing.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to the development and production of safe and legal cosmetics and personal care formulations.
- Preparing bulks for user trial, clinical efficiency testing and safety testing.
- Working closely with the Process department to ensure products are scaled up successfully.
- Perform and maintain the COSHH system for raw material safety evaluation.
- Assist in the training of new technicians.
- Communicate effectively and positively with all teams, colleagues and managers.
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth running of the business.
At Acheson & Acheson the culture is fast paced, focusing on quality and teamwork so we are seeking applications from experienced formulators who are looking for their next challenge and who have an appetite to develop and grow their career. We are looking for individuals who have proven problem solving and analytical ability. It’s important that you have a methodical and organised approach, meticulous attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with staff in a non-scientific position.
A degree in Cosmetic Science or a related discipline is essential.
- Free parking on-site
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working days
- Company pension scheme
- Generous employee discounts
- Learning & Development Programme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Highly supportive company culture