Investment Analyst 2022
Our investment business unit is a key component of our consulting services and firmly established as a UK market leader. We currently advise on over ~ £200 billion of assets for a diverse client base which spans corporate and trustee bodies across a wide variety of business and industry sectors, as well as local government pension schemes and other public sector clients.
We have identified a requirement for an Investment Analyst to join the Investment business unit. Our analysts play a key role in supporting the work of the Investment business unit and providing practical support to client facing consultants.
Key responsibilities will include
- Drafting reports for peer review by consultants on all aspects of investment consulting
- Performance analysis of portfolios and production of quality monitoring reports
- Undertaking some manager research
Day to day point of contact for clients
- Project work including investment strategy (i.e. Mix between different asset classes), investment structure (number and style of investment managers), selection of investment managers and transitions
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures
- Relevant experience gained in a related role
- A proven knowledge of and interest in the field of Investment
- First class IT skills (in particular Microsoft Excel)
- A minimum of a strong degree in maths, economics, or another other numerate discipline, or equivalent
- Evidence of good professional exam progress to date would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, pro-active and innovative approach
- Clear analytical ability
- Strong organisational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent team player and able to work on own initiative
- Committed to further study and professional development (either Actuarial exams or CFA) is an Advantage
In return we offer
- A highly competitive salary
- Award Winning Benefits package
Shared Values – Confident, Friendly, Partnering & Straightforward
- Exceptional learning & development opportunities
- An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
- Opportunities to give back through volunteering initiatives
Hymans Robertson prides itself in offering a refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every person genuinely makes a difference. You can expect a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including full study support if applicable. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
We’re continually striving to improve the diversity of our workforce and ensure equality of opportunity for all. We’d love to hear from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled people (including neuro diversity) and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for roles.
We want everyone in the firm to thrive, from the very first day they walk through the doors. We want our people to seize the initiative, be creative, push forward and grow with us. Our vision for our employees is simple, to make their job at Hymans Robertson the best they have ever had.
Having been established for 100 years we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field in the UK.
We’re independent and work alongside employers, trustees, and financial services institutions. We offer pensions, investments, benefits, and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. Our services are recognised by numerous industry awards.
With over 1000 employees across Birmingham, Edinburgh, London, and Glasgow and continually growing. We have an engrained commitment to the development of our employees as outlined in our iDeal. Our working environment is refreshing and innovative where independent thinking’s encouraged. Every employee genuinely makes a difference.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment and will take every step to ensure our employees and clients are treated fairly and with respect. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community. We can offer flexible working and are happy to consider a variety of working patterns. If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition, or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
We live and breathe our four lives - friendly, confident, partnering and straightforward - and genuinely care about our people, clients communities and the environment.
Every employee can genuinely make a difference and contribute towards achieving our purpose - together, building better futures. Whether that's helping our clients build more secure financial futures, using your 3 days volunteering or helping us reduce our carbon footprint.
Reward and wellbeing
We offer competitive salaries, a share of company profits and an award-winning benefits package. We also take your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing seriously, both in and outside of work.
We trust our people to work in a pattern that suits their circumstances, with a healthy balance of home and office working.
We use the most up to date technology and software to match our ground-breaking business solutions that make life easier for us and our clients.
There is no linear path - learning opportunities are plentiful and empower you to carve out your own career.