ICAEW Consultancy Challenge
We’re looking for 50 UK university students who will have the opportunity to consult on a business challenge, test their skills, and network with industry experts. Do you have what it takes?
One business challenge. One full day. One opportunity to take on the role as an accountancy consultant. Our fantastic new initiative - the ICAEW Consultancy Challenge is your chance to test your skills and work with students across the UK. You and your team will be solving challenges and presenting your business ideas to industry leading employers. In return, you will network with industry experts and gain valuable feedback to enhance your career development!
9 December 2020, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT, Hosted on Zoom
- Work in a small group alongside your peers, you will be analysing a business's financial situation and making recommendations on how they can succeed in the future.
- Speak with industry experts, gain an insight into life as a chartered accountant and hear about current vacancies which you could apply for right away.
- Presenting your recommendations to a panel of employers, they will provide you and your team with valuable feedback, which can be used for your future applications.
Do you want a career where you can make a real difference? If you think that chartered accountants spend their lives confined to their desks, think again! They are helping all types of organisations, across the globe, make important decisions that shape our world and its future!
The ICAEW Consultancy Challenge will help you see what it’s really like to work as an Accountancy Consultant.
What is the ICAEW Consultancy Challenge?
The ICAEW Consultancy Challenge gives you the opportunity to take on the role as an Accountancy Consultant, test your skills and work in a group with students across the UK.
You and your team will be solving challenges and pitching your ideas to real employers. In return, you will get the chance to meet likeminded individuals, receive valuable feedback, and network with industry experts.
Who is the ICAEW Consultancy Challenge for?
Whatever your next steps after university, the ICAEW Consultancy Challenge has been tailored to those who are looking to pursue a career in finance and want to know what it’s really like working in the Accounting profession.
Initially, we are exclusively opening up the programme to students currently studying at a UK university, who have already signed up to ICAEW Careers+.
Why take part in the ICAEW Consultancy Challenge?
- You will gain true insight into what it’s really like working in the Accounting sector by working on real world business scenarios.
- You will build upon the skills you have already developed at school and hear from employers about what skills they are looking for in candidates.
- You will receive valuable feedback from industry experts, including improvements on how to boost your CV and top tips on how to kick start your career!
What will you do on the day?
Working alongside your Consultancy Challenge colleagues, you will be put into small groups where you will be analysing a business's financial situation.
This will then enable you to think of recommendations on how a business can succeed in the future which you will be then presenting to a panel of employers.
You will be using your analytical skills and your big ideas to make strategic decisions that determine the future strategy of the organisation in question.
Alongside other likeminded students across the UK, you will be presenting your business ideas to industry leading employers who in turn will be offering their valuable feedback to enhance your career development!
How to register
You will need to act quickly as applications close 27 November 2020. On 30 November we will be picking 50 of you at random and we will be in contact with you shortly after if you have a place.
Successful candidates will then be offered a place on the challenge along with all the details they need to join.