Junior Commercial Data Engineer 2021
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company. We own and operate some of the best-loved brands in the UK including Radio Times, BBC Good Food and BBC History. And we only focus on special interest markets, engaging over 82 million passionate consumers globally each month, offering them world-class content and innovative new products and services.
We sum up our mission in three words: Content. Passion. Engagement. Our focus is to help our audiences get the most out of the things they love, whatever they spend their time and energy on. Our people are as passionate about their subjects as our consumers. We’re focussed on growth across our business and are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to innovate.
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
A bit about the role
The advertising landscape is changing quickly, with the emergence of new ad technologies and monetisation strategies. More than ever media owners must be able to manipulate, understand and spot opportunities within complex data sets.
The purpose of this role is to provide data infrastructure support to Immediate Media’s advertising business, across both print and digital. The successful candidate will be expected to extract data from multiple sources and load it into our data warehouse and provide support with the analysis of these. They will also work with the commercial data and insight teams to drive the growth of the digital advertising business through a focus on making data driven decisions.
How you’ll do this
- Develop, enhance and maintain quality of data and ETL processes
- Ingest data from various disparate data sources
- Work closely with commercial analysts and data team to understand business requirements
- Designing API and other client access solutions
Data Science & Analysis
- Develop reporting suite through use of data visualisation platforms to highlight performance of KPI’s.
- Build relationships across the business; promote the usefulness and availability of data and reports
- Support in the development of models to help the forecasting of core KPI’s
A bit about you
- Highly numerate / mathematical skills
- High degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Excel and relational database experience at a minimum)
- Experience of generating reports from the analysis of raw data
- Problem solving skills and capable of articulating technical or functional problems
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-prioritise
- Inquisitive approach to tasks and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with analytical software/coding languages such as Python or R
- Knowledge and experience using a visualisation tool
- Familiarity with Azure or other cloud service providers preferred
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too. Rest assured, we’ll treat your information confidentially.