Technical Engineering Graduate
At Intel, you can experience a world of opportunities. Are you passionate about technology and transforming the world? We want you to apply to join us as a part of one of the European technical teams based in Swindon. The EMEA Application Design-In Centre (ADC) provides best-in-class technical design support (both hardware and software) to our customers from designing in the product with our customer right through to manufacturing. The group covers a range of activities in supporting major European customers, helping them design their new products using the latest Intel technology and products.
The role includes hands on hardware and software support in an engineering lab environment covering a wide range of IT systems and services from low level hardware to full production systems.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Working on prototype next generation computer platforms
- Providing support to the local Intel engineering team in issue replication and debug
- Gaining a deeper understanding of PC hardware- from desktop to server, along with network architecture.
- Working on proof of concept and demo designs with sales teams and key customers
- Providing aid in the support of the Lab environment, including networking, debug tools and infrastructure
- Working within a global organisation with teams based in multiple time zones
- Computing, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Ability to learn to build typical PC and server configurations, install typical operating systems such as Windows* and various distributions of Linux*.
- Good understanding of practical electronics, soldering/rework of PCBs.
- Hardware and software testing and debugging approach
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies.
- Genuine passion for technology and a curiosity to understand how it works, with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizer with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels
Additionally beneficial skills:
- Deeper knowledge of computer architecture processor architecture, registers, etc
- Debug and testing experience.
- Experience with computer interfaces PCIe, USB, etc..
- PCB rework/soldering experience with SMD components.
- Hands on experience of electronic test equipment, e.g. DVM, PSU, oscilloscopes and the ability to learn in-house tools.
- Understanding of Python, C++, C, x86 assembly language would be a strong advantage.
- Artificial Intelligence, training/deployment of neural networks
- Evidence or demonstration of programming using Raspberry Pi/Arduino etc
What you can expect from us
At Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There's no fear of failure-we know that's how innovation happens. And you'll never be bored. We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results. Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.