Junior Funds Lawyer 2021
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes Invesco a great place to work and reflects the broad diversity of thought across our organisation. At Invesco, we offer work experiences that will inspire and challenge you.
As Junior Funds Lawyer, you will be part of our well-established EMEA Legal department and will report directly to the Head of Legal for EMEA Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) & Indexing Business.
You will play an important role in Drafting, reviewing and updating prospectuses, KIID documentation and other fund and service provider agreements relating to Invesco’s EMEA ETF and Irish MMF businesses
You will be responsible for:
- Advise on regulatory developments affecting the Invesco ETF, ETC and Irish money market business and funds managed by Invesco
- Working closely with the ETF and MMF business teams including product development; product operations; compliance; risk; capital markets and portfolio management
- Working closely with the wider EMEA and Global Legal team on a variety of issues relating to the development, operation and distribution of the ETF and MMF range of products
- Participating in cross-departmental projects and key regulatory initiatives
- Liaising with other departments and external counsel
- Working closely with other members of the EMEA Legal team, e.g. to ensure consistency of approach between product ranges and adequate coordination for implementation as well as with other members of the Invesco Legal group worldwide
- Identifying and advising on the effective management of legal risk to the Invesco EMEA business and to implement, coordinate and manage commensurate internal controls to achieve these outcomes
Skills and experience
- Have 1-3 years PQE (post qualified experience) in a law firm or in an in-house role
- Funds/asset management experience
- Good knowledge of UCITS regulations
- Strong academic background and legal training. Qualified to practise law in one or more jurisdictions
Our commitment to you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion flexible working.
Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.
The Good Stuff
Joining Invesco is just the start. We focus on nurturing internal talent, offering a variety of tools to support your career advancement, including ongoing learning and development and internal career opportunities.
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Generous pension provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organisations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
We’re driven by a passion to exceed. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment with Invesco may request this by sending an e-mail to EMEA- Talent Acquisition. Please include your name, the job you are interested in, and the type of accommodation you are requesting.