Junior/Core Software Engineer 2021
We connect with millions of people every day, make the content they can't get enough of, and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity. We will be a digitally-led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever, and however they choose
Who we are
Based at ITV’s iconic Television House in Leeds, our Leeds Technology Hub works across a range of products covering the content supply chain: Scheduling, Catalogue and Rights management. We integrate with the old and develop the new.
Our cross-functional teams self organise following agile principles, working in a cloud-first environment. We are focused on offering a good work/life balance to ensure our colleagues have the environment in which to thrive.
We use Google products for email and document sharing, Apple hardware for development, and Slack for internal communication.
We are looking to recruit for a Junior-Mid Software Engineer within CS&D. The role will be offering 100% remote working whilst the risk to safety & health still remains from the pandemic; this includes remote onboarding and a remote/virtual interview process.
What will you be doing
- Collaborating with the Product Manager and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities.
- Delivering API-enabled components and microservices using containerisation and cloud solutions to the highest engineering standards.
- Delivering value to our business and our customers by using technology to solve business problems with creativity & innovation.
- Building user friendly web clients for business operations use.
- Integrating with other ITV systems, from other vertical teams, both legacy and more modern.
- Supporting and maintaining existing developed applications in production.
What we are looking for
- Experience or Knowledge in Java or Kotlin
- Proficiency or an understanding with modern enterprise frameworks, E.g. Spring or Spring Boot.
- An understanding of microservices, as well as implementing and designing RESTful APIs.
- A genuine passion for technology, willingness to learn, and thrive as a member of a high-performing team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with stakeholders, business analysts, users and platform engineers to agree solutions.
- Familiarity with agile working practices and multidisciplinary teams.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working - whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/ work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks that celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out morehere. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support... our email is email@example.com