Silverprint Pictures Trainee Script Editor
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area
Silverprint Pictures is a dynamic drama production company which is part of ITV Studios - an exciting and growing group of international producers. We are an award-winning drama production company run by Kate Bartlett. Silverprint has produced a wide variety of authored international hits. The most recent production was Sarah Williams’ Flesh and Blood, a darkly witty contemporary drama for ITV which transmitted in 2020. Silverprint is also making a sixth and seventh series of the atmospheric Scottish-set Shetland for BBC One, as well as an eleventh series of the ratings-buster Vera for ITV. Past productions include Dark Heart, Mr Selfridge, Paula Milne’s White Heat, Peter Morgan’s The Jury. Silverprint is currently working on projects with a number of broadcasters and platforms including the upcoming event piece, The Long Call, written by Kelly Jones, greenlit for ITV, and the recently announced development for Britbox, Southwark, about Black Tudors, authored by Catherine Johnson.
The Trainee Script Editor will provide editorial support, research and script admin help, in all stages of development and production.
The ITV Production Training scheme is a 12 month fully paid programme for new entrants to TV. The aim is to home grow exceptional talent and give the training needed to kickstart a long and successful career in TV. There will be placements with 11 ITV Production Companies both scripted and non scripted based across the UK. The Programme aims to attract candidates from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the industry, including those from a lower socio economic background, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and disabled people. We also welcome applicants who have some life experience, be that college, university, a few years of working already under their belt, with the maturity to make the most of this opportunity, and this opportunity is also open to those to whom the apprenticeships are closed (eg University graduates and anyone who has already done a media related qualification).
Some Key Responsibilities
- Read all scripts throughout editorial stages.
- Help co-ordinate and assemble notes from the script team, producers, directors and commissioners.
- Attend script meetings and help write up notes accurately and with sensitivity, shadowing the Script Editor/Script Executive.
- Conduct in-depth research to ensure script accuracy.
- To engage with and promote diversity in storytelling.
- To help create any series documents, character biogs etc as required.
- To assist the Script Editor/Script Exec with all script production processes and admin.
- To proof, format and prepare scripts for production.
- To assist with amendments and coloured pages.
- Read submitted scripts, pitches and books, and provide in-depth editorial coverage.
- To carry out research as directed.
- To have some knowledge of British writers, established and emerging.
- To help identify new talent and fresh projects.
- To grow an awareness of agents and client lists, commissioners and platforms.
- To begin establishing contacts and building relationships across the writing industry.
- To contribute to development and ideas meetings.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- A demonstrable passion for TV drama and storytelling.
- Good literary skills, and a hunger to learn the craft of script editing.
- A knowledge of the TV development process
- An understanding of what is required when researching, taking meeting notes, summarising books, and giving notes on scripts.
- You will be front-footed and proactive when helping with development, research etc.
- A proven ability and experience in working across a variety of software programmes and databases.
- Experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent written communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in a role where you’ve worked in isolation and had to use your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.