Land Quality Graduate
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geo-environmental consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 450 scientists and engineers delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems. Our diverse range of disciplines in this team includes land contamination assessment/remediation, hydrogeology, geophysics, geomorphology, geotechnical engineering, tunnelling and engineering geology, all of which benefit from our “One Jacobs” approach to business working harmoniously with other disciplines for innovation and efficiency.
About the opportunity
We are continuing to grow the depth and breadth of the technical services that our geoscience and geo-engineering teams can provide for our clients. As a result, we are recruiting geo-environmental graduate to join our Land Quality team (within our Water & Environment business unit) in Manchester or Leeds.
The role will involve office and field-based work primarily in the north of the UK although may involve projects throughout the UK and overseas, so a willingness to travel would be required. Projects will include a broad range of land quality assessment work including soil quality assessment, land contamination assessment and groundwater and ground gas assessments. We support clients with projects across a range public and private sectors including nationally significant infrastructure, nuclear, aviation, highways, utilities and industrial facilities.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Possess a good undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (Geology, Hydrogeology, Earth Science, Soil Science or Environmental related discipline).
- Ideally hold an MSc in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team and build positive working relationships.
- A knowledge of GIS and data management.
- A knowledge of soil science would be beneficial.
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them in a consultancy setting.
- Self-motivated and willing to work away from your base office, with a high level of personal responsibility, and to be adaptable with a flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Have the ability to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.