Junior Cloud Security Analyst 2021
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve in a diverse and inclusive environment. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
We’re gearing up for our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to both build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences, and using it to drive better solutions.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A good knowledge of public cloud platforms, particularly Azure & AWS
- Knowledge of relevant cyber security threats/attack patterns
- Aptitude to maintain current knowledge of threats, vulnerabilities and security best practices primarily focused but not limited to: AWS, Microsoft 365 & Microsoft Azure,
- Network & Operating system security;
- A passion and genuine interest in cloud services, where you can support the customer and find creative solutions for the end users
- A strong understanding of how cloud services can benefit and have value for end users
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our cloud solution division, who provide a portfolio of services that support our members’ and customers’ business needs through cloud-based services and products.
You will work with members, customers, partners; and relevant colleagues within Jisc, to undertake that good security practice is applied to the services and products provided through the Cloud solutions, and the activities undertaken by the Cloud solutions team.
This is a hands-on role where you will be asked to participate in the technical support activities of the team. There are times you may be asked to participate in out of hours on-call support.
Why work at Jisc?
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
- The option to join a generous pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings, and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks, and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is easy, thanks to our technology but getting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can. Our main offices are Bristol, London, Harwell, and Manchester, so you may need to travel on occasion.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical to our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you’re great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
Let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We’ll be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CVs when we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. We don’t usually use closing dates, so apply as soon as you can to avoid missing out.